FROM LICENSED COUNSELORS
LifeSpring’s Counseling Ministry offers counseling with licensed professional counselors who address personal and relationship issues from a Christ-centered perspective.
- You may need professional help to treat depression or anxiety.
- You may need support as you go through crisis or grief.
- You may need a truly confidential, listening ear when life struggles or transitions seem overwhelming.
- You may need an outside perspective to help clarify your thinking and explore options.
- You may need objective mediation to address relationship conflicts.
- You may need assistance managing an emotional disorder of your own or a loved one.
- You may need a coach to help you set and attain your own goals.
- You may need help learning strategies to overcome problems and move forward.
Whatever the need, help is available. We would be glad to help you find it.
FAQ’s about LifeSpring Counseling Ministry
Who can come for counseling?
We offer counseling to individuals, couples, families, children, adolescents, and adults. We welcome clients regardless of race, gender, age, religious tradition, or cultural background.
Do I have to attend LifeSpring to receive counseling services?
No. LifeSpring Counseling Ministry is open to anyone, whether member, attender, or someone from the community.
Where are you located?
The counseling office is located at the Lifespring building, 1373 W Galbraith Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45231.
How do I get more information or set up an appointment?
You can contact the counseling office by emailing Jordan McNeely. We will be happy to help
What will happen when I call the counseling office?
- We will listen to your concerns to understand your need.
- We will discuss options for addressing your concerns so you are able to make an informed choice.
- We will tell you what the LifeSpring Counseling Ministry has to offer, as well as discuss the cost involved.
- We will discuss various options for quality, affordable counseling—we are committed to working with you to find the help you need.
Depending on your need we may:
- provide counseling with one of our licensed counselors.
- refer you to other counselors who may better meet your need.
- direct you to faith-based support groups, community agencies, or other resources
What services do you offer?
Professional, confidential counseling in the areas of:
- Depression and grief
- Anxiety and stress management
- Pre-marital counseling
- Marriage and family issues
- Communication problems
- Childhood and adolescent problems
- Abuse issues (physical, sexual, emotional)
- Anger management
- Self-esteem and personal growth
- Coaching life choices and skills
- Spiritual concerns and problems
What if I need medication or more specialized care?
We do not have any medical doctors or psychiatrists on staff, so we cannot prescribe medication. We will provide referral information to area professionals when additional sources of help would best meet the client’s needs. If you are on medication and under a doctor’s care, we are able and qualified to offer counseling to support that treatment.
What is the cost of counseling at LifeSpring?
- The LifeSpring Counseling Ministry fee is $80 per 50-minute session (for individual, couple, or family).
- We desire to make counseling affordable, so our fee remains well below the fee for most private counseling services in Cincinnati.
What if I cannot afford the fee?
- If financial assistance is needed, we offer a sliding fee, based on number in household and total income. This fee ranges from $40-$80.
- We are also happy to give you information on other low-cost counseling options.
Why is there a fee if this is a ministry of the church?
LifeSpring Christian Church provides the facilities and counseling resources for the counseling ministry but does not pay or subsidize the counselors for counseling sessions. All of the counselors of the LifeSpring Counseling Ministry offer counseling services as independent contractors. Our counselors have agreed to offer counseling at LifeSpring at a lower fee than they could receive elsewhere because of their desire to make affordable counseling available.
Do you take insurance?
We do not accept insurance but are glad to refer you to other Christian counselors who do.
What if someone is in crisis or needs emergency help?
LifeSpring Counseling Ministry is not staffed full-time, so we are not able to provide emergency services or treatment for intensive emotional or mental health needs.
Crisis/Emergency Contact Information
LifeSpring Counseling Ministry is not staffed full-time. Therefore, we are not able to provide emergency services or treatment for intensive emotional or mental health needs.
If you are experiencing an urgent mental health crisis or if safety is an issue, please call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
If Urgent Help is Needed, Call:
Crisis support & suicide prevention hotline staffed by mental health professionals
(513) 281-CARE ((513) 281-2273)
Psychiatric Emergency Services
Emergency Response Line for mental health services
Family and children crisis and violence prevention
(513) 221-HELP ((513) 221-4357)
Child abuse prevention hotline, also for adult survivors of abuse
Battered Women’s Shelter for rape, domestic crisis, and abuse
Hamilton County Children’s Services
Reporting child neglect, physical abuse, or sexual abuse
(513) 241-KIDS ((513) 241-5437)
Lighthouse Youth Crisis Center
Runaway/safe place for children and teens
You may also call 911 or go to any hospital emergency room.
Nancy L. Moore
Licensed Independent Social Worker
Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor
A heart at peace gives life to the body… A happy heart makes the face cheerful… A discerning heart seeks knowledge.
— Proverbs 14 & 15