History

History

Lifespring Christian Church began in 1931 as the Chase Avenue Church of Christ in Northside. The church relocated to North College Hill in 1969 and became Clovernook Christian Church. In 2004 the name was changed to Lifespring Christian Church.

Lifespring is a non-denominational church. We are part of a loose-knit fellowship of churches known as Christian Churches or Churches of Christ. There is no hierarchy beyond the local congregation.

There are about 5,500 congregations in the United States that identify with this fellowship and there is about the same number overseas. We cooperate with other churches in this fellowship and with churches of many denominations in educational, benevolent, overseas missions, and other projects.

We believe that there are Christians in many denominations—that what makes a person a Christian is not belonging to the “right” church, but being committed to Jesus Christ. We seek to build bridges—not barriers—and encourage unity and cooperation among all who belong to Christ.

Lifespring is governed by a group of elders chosen by the congregation each year. The elders are chosen for their spiritual maturity, character, and leadership qualities. They are affirmed by the church annually for continued service.

The church is led by a committed ministry staff who function under the direction of the elders. The staff and elders are here to serve God, the church, and the community. Please do not hesitate to contact them for personal help or for assistance with your ministry.